2014 Kia Forte: water in trunk well; where to start sealing?

Kia-Soul-Forte

I'm guessing the taillights, but is there a common area for this water leak on the 2014 Fortes? For right now I pulled the drain plugs to let the water back out. Is it the tail-lights, wheel wells, or rear window?

Ready to buy some clear RTV sealer, but would like to know the most common areas for those who have had this issue before I start tearing the inner panels out or making an appointment for the rear glass to be removed and resealed...hoping its tail lights.

I wish KIA would address this via a recall as after an online search it seem very very common on this model year/water leak in the trunk. I really like this car, but 'really' if KIA keeps letting this workmanship/engineering fault slide I'm going to have to pass on KIA next time as this is really a big deal...it makes the car stink, fills it with unhealthy mold and fogs up the windows making safety issues at start up and rusts it out to boot. I don't mind mind buying a tube of RTV and sealing tail-lights but if its much more than that KIA needs to step up and own this problem.

Hambone

Put a person in the trunk with a flashlight. Have another person put a water hose to the car. I found a leaky trunk long ago with this method. Turned out my leak was at the bottom of the C pillar where the factory had left a hole. Good luck.

Alonzo Martin

I have a 2014 and im experiencing wet back seat(drivers side), water on the floor of the trunk, moisture on the windows making it difficult to see at times and the rear floor. I recently notice mold under my trunk carpet, so I'm sure its some under the rear seats. A recall would be the proper call after noticing the many complaints.

- A.Martin (Michigan)