Bluetooth on BB8520 continuously tries to connect to my cars BT even when car is off

Coolitalian

The Bluetooth on my device continuously tries to connect to my cars Bluetooth even when the vehicle is turned off even when I’m hundreds and or thousands of feet away. I recently purchased a 2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX and the problem occurred right a away. Prior to the Forte I had a 2009 Sportage using the exact same BB device and never had an issue.

I called Rogers (my BB service provider) and they were no help. They said the BB is still receiving the single even thought the car is turned off. That doesn’t make sense because if the car is turned off the single does not omit. Also, Bluetooth is only for exchanging data over short distances so how can my device think there is a signal omitting from my car when ‘m great distances away i.e. in the mall or the office in other words the car is turned off and I’m thousands of feet away surrounded by brick and mortar?

Coolitalian

KOUPKRAZY said:
Sounds like your phone is in search mode. Trying going into your phones Bluetooth menu and see what the options are.
In the device properties the only options that can be changed are

1) Trusted Yes or No

2) Encryption Enable or Disable

3) Echo Control Automatic,On or Off

In the Bluetooth options there is:

1) Discoverable and it set to No

2) Allow Outgoing Calls its set to Alwasy

3) Contact Transfer is set to all entries

4)Led Indicator is set to on

5) Security Level is set to high

6) Connect on power up is set to yes

Below that there are services with check boxes that can be checked or not and they are all checked on.

KOUPKRAZY

Long Island, NY
Coolitalian said:
In the device properties the only options that can be changed are

1) Trusted Yes or No

2) Encryption Enable or Disable

3) Echo Control Automatic,On or Off

In the Bluetooth options there is:

1) Discoverable and it set to No

2) Allow Outgoing Calls its set to Alwasy

3) Contact Transfer is set to all entries

4)Led Indicator is set to on

5) Security Level is set to high

6) Connect on power up is set to yes

Below that there are services with check boxes that can be checked or not and they are all checked on.
My concern was that it was set to discoverable, and it's not. Hmm.....

Coolitalian

KOUPKRAZY said:
My concern was that it was set to discoverable, and it's not. Hmm.....
thanks for the advice.....it only started after I purchased the Forte so it really has me confused but it was working fine with my 2009 Sportage.