Bought a brand new (That's right) 2018 EX Plus

Stephen W. W.

Reaction score
Hello,

Nice to meet you.

A few weeks ago while on a short trip I test drove a 2020 Forte at a remote Nova Scotian dealership. I spotted a red unsold, brand new, loaded 2018 Forte EX Plus hidden away in plain sight, and loved it instantly, bought it at an appropriately steep discount. Since then I swapped out the Hancocks for 225/45/17 Bridgestone Quiettimes (good move), installed high and low beam LEDs (fog LEDs on order), and put in an OEM spare donut kit. Thanks to my local dealer, E-bay and Amazon I have ordered another dozen or so (glitz and glam) accessories from primarily Korean suppliers, for inside and out, and under the hood, all in good taste and performance, I assure you!

Kia.JPG

After 2 months am just breaking 5,000 KMs and enjoying the car. Will install dual oil catch cans (parts have arrived) for the 2.0 GDI and will run only with the best synthetic oil. I am new to the Kia small car culture, and beginning to realize there is a lot to learn. I have had many new and more expensive cars and trucks over the years, but this is the smallest, cutest and the most fun I've had in a long time. Strangest thing, I like the 2018 much more than the newer Fortes, but I must admit, the brand new K5 puts a lump in my throat. Too late! Hope there is lots going on in here to learn from, and participate in.

Thanks.
Stephen

Sal Collaziano

Heavy lies the crown...
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello,

Nice to meet you.

A few weeks ago while on a short trip I test drove a 2020 Forte at a remote Nova Scotian dealership. I spotted a red unsold, brand new, loaded 2018 Forte EX Plus hidden away in plain sight, and loved it instantly, bought it at an appropriately steep discount. Since then I swapped out the Hancocks for 225/45/17 Bridgestone Quiettimes (good move), installed high and low beam LEDs (fog LEDs on order), and put in an OEM spare donut kit. Thanks to my local dealer, E-bay and Amazon I have ordered another dozen or so (glitz and glam) accessories from primarily Korean suppliers, for inside and out, and under the hood, all in good taste and performance, I assure you!

View attachment 816

After 2 months am just breaking 5,000 KMs and enjoying the car. Will install dual oil catch cans (parts have arrived) for the 2.0 GDI and will run only with the best synthetic oil. I am new to the Kia small car culture, and beginning to realize there is a lot to learn. I have had many new and more expensive cars and trucks over the years, but this is the smallest, cutest and the most fun I've had in a long time. Strangest thing, I like the 2018 much more than the newer Fortes, but I must admit, the brand new K5 puts a lump in my throat. Too late! Hope there is lots going on in here to learn from, and participate in.

Thanks.
Stephen
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your new Forte! I'm glad you found us. :)

Stephen W. W.

Reaction score
I have spent a bit of money to trim and trick this new 2018 out. I changed all 4 tires to 225/45/17 Bridgestones, ordered and installed the Kia spare tire kit, LED headlights and fogs, dual Genesis horns, custom built simulated leather seat covers, Interior chromed stainless steel dash and interior fittings and many other odds and ends. It now sports the broken K and K3 identification. Lovely car! Here are some photos:

Stephen
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

Last edited:

perelandra

Reaction score
I have spent a bit of money to trim and trick this new 2018 out. I changed all 4 tires to 225/45/17 Bridgestones, ordered and installed the Kia spare tire kit, LED headlights and fogs, dual Genesis horns, custom built simulated leather seat covers, Interior chromed stainless steel dash and interior fittings and many other odds and ends. It now sports the broken K and K3 identification. Lovely car! Here are some photos:

StephenView attachment 824View attachment 825View attachment 826View attachment 827View attachment 828View attachment 829View attachment 830View attachment 831View attachment 832
Your car looks great! Can you tell me where you got the bra for the front hood as well as the chrome that fits around the vents in the dash? Thanks!

goodoldan

Reaction score
Hello,

Nice to meet you.

View attachment 816

Thanks.
Stephen
Can you tell us which catch can and LED headlight kits you used? I have a 2016 Forte5 with the 2.0 GDI and have thought about the catch cans (although things seem to be OK doing the SeaFoam intake cleaning every 10K miles or so... even if it is a PIA). I just bought tires for mine too (after the noisy Michelin PIlot Sport AS3's that replaced the original crappy OEM Hankooks wore out in like 16000 miles)... now have the Pirelli P7 AS3 Plus all around. Really nice quiet tires for the Forte with good performance.