Bronze color sedan goes best with what color rims?

Color rims on bronze sedan

• black matt or gloss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chrome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaw5331

I own a bronze color 2012 sedan, and this is my first post so it is pretty neat little community. I am tired of the hubcaps so would like to upgrade with some rims, and I'm torn with 2 things. 17 or 18 inch, and chrome or black rims? Only thing I have done to it so far is do the limo tint in the back and legal in the front. So whats your opinions, chrome or black? I hate the multi color rims or the lip a different color by the way. Also Im in south texas if it makes a difference.

Thanks for your opinions.

Smudgey

I realize this isn't a poll option, but I saw a bronze Forte sedan on these brown Drag DR-33 17" wheels and thought it looked great. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-100&yr=2012&pc=22796&counter=2&wd=17&rw=7.5&vid=021263
As far as your options go, I'd choose the black matte because I detest chrome, but that is purely my opinion. I can't wait to see pics of your new wheels! :)

EDIT: I bought these same wheels in a 15" size, with a silver finish, for my white Forte, if it is any help to visualize them:

Shaw5331

I thought about getting bronze rims or a lot of shops will color match them, but I thought it might look too tacky. I would take a pic of my car but its at the body shop. I picked it up, had it for 5 days and someone backed into it at walmart. I had like 200 miles on it and now its getting repaired lol. I was so pissed, but I guess thats life haha.

Smudgey

Shaw5331 said:
I thought about getting bronze rims or a lot of shops will color match them, but I thought it might look too tacky. I would take a pic of my car but its at the body shop. I picked it up, had it for 5 days and someone backed into it at walmart. I had like 200 miles on it and now its getting repaired lol. I was so pissed, but I guess thats life haha.
I just found the picture:

Ahh...that sucks. Hope the Forte is back on the road soon.

Shaw5331

Yeah it never fails. My other vehicle I bought new as well, 2009 dodge ram 1500 lone star slt crew cab, I had it for about 7 days and my niece hit a mailbox going 45 mph lol. It is like a curse. The forte was backed into by a pickup, and it needs a new bumper, the foam backing, new reinforce bar, and even needs a new rear body panel. I was so pissed wasn't even funny.

Anyway, that pic you posted literally sealed the deal for me. That looks sick. Only thing I hate is the rims show like 10 lug nut holes even tho we only use 5 it looks weird. the pic you posted is the drag-33s in bronze?

Smudgey

Shaw5331 said:
Yeah it never fails. My other vehicle I bought new as well, 2009 dodge ram 1500 lone star slt crew cab, I had it for about 7 days and my niece hit a mailbox going 45 mph lol. It is like a curse. The forte was backed into by a pickup, and it needs a new bumper, the foam backing, new reinforce bar, and even needs a new rear body panel. I was so pissed wasn't even funny.

Anyway, that pic you posted literally sealed the deal for me. That looks sick. Only thing I hate is the rims show like 10 lug nut holes even tho we only use 5 it looks weird. the pic you posted is the drag-33s in bronze?
Yes, I'm 99% sure those wheels are bronze Drag DR-33s. The picture is actually from an E-bay listing for KIA Forte lowering springs. My wheels are silver 15" Drag DR-33s and look exactly the same style. I tend to find that the stock wheel photos on Discount Tires Direct aren't terribly accurate.

Shaw5331

I think Im either going bronze drag-33s that you posted or these:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-114.3*5-4.5*5-4.5%2F5&tc=MBMWEA&c=5&rcz=78219&pc=53623&wd=17&rw=&rc=TXSINT
I am also glad of the photo with them on the car because now I know 17" is the right size. doing 18s would look too big. Thanks a ton man

Smudgey

Shaw5331 said:
I think Im either going bronze drag-33s that you posted or these:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-114.3*5-4.5*5-4.5%2F5&tc=MBMWEA&c=5&rcz=78219&pc=53623&wd=17&rw=&rc=TXSINT
I am also glad of the photo with them on the car because now I know 17" is the right size. doing 18s would look too big. Thanks a ton man
Looks like those have the 5-lug pattern you want, but a much thicker lip than the Drags. When I was buying my wheels I didn't want much of a lip, that is why I bought the DR-33s. Whichever you go for, I know your car will look great. Can't wait to see pics, hope your car is back home safely soon!