DDM HID Headlight's - Kenny C

FydaForte

Sacramento
Credit goes to USER: Keny C

The stock bulb is an H11B, the HID kit is an H11. The fit to the housing is identical, the wire connections are different. The H11B is called a "snap-n-lite" bulb. When you twist the bulb into the housing, the connections "snap" into the wiring making the connection. The H11 HID kit has wires that plug into the factory "snap" connector...if that makes sense.

Here's the H11B bulb.

Here's the H11 HID bulb (with protective plastic housing around bulb).

Here's the HID bulb without protective housing.

Here's what I ordered.

DDMHPH11-5000K DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W)
Options: Wattage : 55 Watt (+$10.00) Bulb Type : H11 Bulb Color : 5000K $59.95

370-HID-8133-5486523658-HID Kit Wiring Harness $15.00

Subtotal Amount : $74.95
Discount : $0.00
Shipping (UPS - Ground) : $14.44
Tax Amount : $0.00
Total Amount : $89.39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you use the install instructions posted in the DDM link above, the only differences are as follows...

Remove the headlight using 10mm wrench or socket to remove the two bolts on top of the light. Gently pull the light out of its guide slots...be careful to not scratch your paint while pulling the light out. It's a tight fit!

You have to drill a 1" hole in the center of the dust cover to allow the wires to pass through.

Hole saw

Hole drilled in dust cover

Remove the screw securing the factory wiring connector connector inside light housing.

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
Slip blue and black wire connections into the factory connector, blue wire went on the bottom and the black wire went on the top. This will make sense after you have the light apart. (not shown, but I used heat shrink tubing to secure the wire in the connector)

Mount the bulb in the housing, pass wires through dust cover and secure dust cover.

Connect wires to ballasts

Install the wiring harness per instructions...if you go this route. Test everything before putting it all back together. Don't forget to plug factory connector back in on the back of the light housing and to turn your key to the run postion...otherwise your lights will not get power.

Finished install with wiring harness hidden.

Overall look

I had to lower the passenger side adjustment to get the beam patterns level. Overall, easy install. Hiding the wiring took the longest, but that's because I'm anal about stuff like that. The lights come on with no flickering and are fully warm (full brightness) in just few seconds.

Might put some silver stars in the fogs now to even out the whiteness. Not going HID in the fogs as I don't see the point...just my opinion though.

DDM's Help Guide
http://ddmtuning.com/support/index.php?_...id=0&nav=0

Rekoup

Milwaukee
Thanks!

I was hoping for another section or page to come soon with these detailed "how to"s for us.

Well, for us busy (lazy) people that dont like searching :)

FydaForte

Sacramento
The other thread was a discussion and you posted a write up on it becuase there was no other spot.. now there is a spot sal asked me to just combine yours and user Gryph0n's to make a how to on the HID...

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
FydaForte said:
The other thread was a discussion and you posted a write up on it becuase there was no other spot.. now there is a spot sal asked me to just combine yours and user Gryph0n's to make a how to on the HID...
Cool...now fix the pics. :p

ile2010

The LED mod does look awesome. I agree with you about not doing the fog HID conversion. I don't have fogs in my forte, but I did have them in previous vehicles. I never kept my fogs on. I don't see much of a usable light icrease with fogs under normal driving conditions. In fog, it's a different story. Bottom line is, fogs draw unnecessary power while driving, and can be extremely annoying at night.

I generally don't get flashed for my HIDs, but some SUV driver had a lot of nerve flashing me the other night (his halogens and fogs produced way more glare than my 4300k HIDs).

therealbman

Rihavens said:
How do you adjust the bulbs?
There's a little knob on the back of the headlights that you can twist to adjust them.

Anyone who is lookin in to buy these... Get em! They're pretty nice and add a great look to the Forte. Just try not to blind anyone. :D

joesforte

So I see in this post a couple on here have installed the HID's alredy from DDM... My question to anyone who has this kit would be what is your overall experience with the company and their parts? Of 18 reviews on google, 16 of them are 1 star with horrible comments on service and the parts themselves. I like the price but I really don't want to waste my money... Thanks

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
joesforte said:
So I see in this post a couple on here have installed the HID's alredy from DDM... My question to anyone who has this kit would be what is your overall experience with the company and their parts? Of 18 reviews on google, 16 of them are 1 star with horrible comments on service and the parts themselves. I like the price but I really don't want to waste my money... Thanks
I've had one ballast fail in the year that I have running the DDM HIDs. They sent a new ballast pretty quickly and all has good since then. No real problems, product seems great compared to most eBay junk and the customer service was pretty good too. Just keep in mind that they are in California. If you are not in Cali, don't forget about the timezone changes when trying to call them.