DRAG STRIP

RjForte

Arizona
POST YOUR NUMBERS
List Mods At Time Of Run​

1st every track is different so what others run at their local track will have nothing to do with what you run at your local.

2nd when I go out I keep a book, air temp, humidity, dew point. That info can be had via the weather channel app for your smart phone.
I record front and rear tire pressure, launch rpm, trac on, trac off, engine temp.

3rd I keep track of each run in my little note book. I write down everything above and add my RT, 60ft, 330, 1/8, 1000ft. 1/4 et and mph. for each run. Set up like a spread sheet I can skim across each run to see what was different. What worked and what didn't.

4th Reaction time is to measure how you did at staging and the light. It has nothing to do with anything else in the runs et, mph, 60ft etc.

Hard tires rear softer tires front. REAR I put max the tire can hold before I leave the house. I have an air pump I use to add to the fronts when all done for the night. Think of this, if you make your first pass and it's 85* and your tires are say 28lbs should you keep em at 28lbs when you make your last pass for the night and the temp is 65*. That depends on your notes and how well you kept them. Taking out weight, keeping the engine cool, clean air filter, everything shut off that can be shut off. Many things can be done to pull a better et. If you want to challenge yourself and your car go read everything you can on how to go faster in the 1/4 mile you can find.

Firebird International Raceway in Chandler Az has shut down. Very upset over this, but they will be reopening with the name of Wild Horse Motorsports Park. I'll get a chance to go run the wifes 14 Forte come this fall or winter.......I hope.

Go read, keep your notes find someone to run with.

Have fun no matter how slow or fast your car is....if your not going to have fun and challenge yourself stay home and play a video game.

RjForte

Arizona
Fuel..........You got it done in the 60ft portion of that run.

I forgot to add. List mods at time of your pass.​

RjForte

Arizona
Guess I could post this here also.

We have taken three of our 2007 ION's 2.4L auto transmission sedans to Firebird.

Not on the same night
Stock Grey 16.1's
Stock Silver 16.1's
Stock White 16.0

Cold Air Intake added
Silver 15.919
White 15.883

On the bottle 30 shot
Silver 15.017
White 14.941
Zero traction

Stock 2007 ION Redline Quad Cpe.

All runs on stock street tires. Best runs posted.

We now need to go out with the Speed 3 and the Forte EX Sedan