Has anyone straight piped the 6 speed koup?

koupsta_joe

hey kenny C did you paint over the grey part of the rims or do the grey pieces come off?? i like the all black look better.

koupsta_joe

i just did it about 3 hours ago and it is so much better lookin. they are never going back on!! LOL i also spray painted all the kia emblems gloss black. front grill, trunk and all rims. looks way better that way.
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img][hr]
tint and lowering springs comin next :)[hr]
Oops LOL i didnt realize my AMG Mercedes was in the background LOL

koupsta_joe

mschiavoni said:
dude if i had that benz i wouldnt even HAVE the Forte lol
the forte gets better gas mileage LOL and i am commuting a lot more since i started attending UTI. the benz is good where its at, its runnin 12's. i want to start new with the koup. no what i mean.

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
Looks great man...but really...you own all the cars in your sig (with mods) and you spray bomb your emblems???

Not wanting to call you out, but the "Oops LOL i didnt realize my AMG Mercedes was in the background LOL" edit with no punctuation and misspelled words kind of beg for it.

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
Looks great man...but really...you own all the cars in your sig (with mods) and you spray bomb your emblems???

Not wanting to call you out, but the "Oops LOL i didnt realize my AMG Mercedes was in the background LOL" edit with no punctuation and misspelled words kind of beg for it.

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
koupsta_joe said:
the forte gets better gas mileage LOL and i am commuting a lot more since i started attending UTI. the benz is good where its at, its runnin 12's. i want to start new with the koup. no what i mean.
haha i hear ya, this car's great... alot of fun to drive lol

koupsta_joe

Kenny C said:

there is nothing wrong with spraying them. i didnt want to purchase other emblems i really dont want any emblem on there but if i take the trunk and front grill emblem off there is holes so i just decided to spray them. looks good to me. i dont see a problem at all. plus it didnt cost me any money. and i will clear the owning cars issue up. i did at one point own these cars. the only ones i have now are the benz and the koup. the rest are gone. and as far as the punctuation and spelling, well i didnt know i was being tested like a student in english class. i was just typing. come on bro lets get real. i didnt mean to have the benz in the pic and when i realized it was i was just jokin about it, sorry you couldnt see that.[hr]
wait. now that i think about it, i didnt edit anything. i did the quick reply and it automatically put it with my previous post with the pix. i know how to spell what i typed.[hr]
see it just did it again

Chino Koup

Chino, Ca
So back on topic....staight piped? Haven't seen anyone do it on a daily driver, might be little loud for the neighborhood to put up with day in day out. Now at the track you might find it being done, road racing, street car night at the local drag strip. And not to mention track cars get too much attention on the street, they are out of place, asking for trouble or a quick Benz might wax your doors! :dodgy:

From what I have heard most all exhausts systems and mufflers on this car are very close to the same sound. One just little louder or softer than another, but that's expected from a 2.4L, 4 cylinder ya know.

Remove or replace the resonator, add a race muffler and you'll see it's loud.

Example from another thread:
HighFlow Converter, QR-Rez(quiet resonator and Mach-Shorty Muffler- (Sound Levels)
Start-Up: 96
Rev at 8' Behind: 103
Hard Drive-By: 103
In-Cabin Hard Acceleration: 97
70mph Cruise In-Cabin: 88

oh yea, the black car looks nice.