• Interested in the upcoming 365hp Kia Stinger? Thought so! CLICK HERE for our sister community...

Help. Squeak sound driving me crazy!

Hey everyone! Thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to respond. I own a 2013 kia forte koup and a couple of weeks ago I had all my brakes and rotors replaced. Immediately after leaving the garage I noticed my previously perfectly working handbrake no longer worked whatsoever. Then I noticed a scrubbing on my rear tire while driving. Now I'm dealing with a chirpy squeak that stops when brake applied. It's driving me absolutely crazy. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the handbrake fixed because I think it's something they did, but is the squeak handbrake related or something totally different? Thanks!!

Sal Collaziano

Heavy lies the crown...
Staff member
Administrator
Hey everyone! Thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to respond. I own a 2013 kia forte koup and a couple of weeks ago I had all my brakes and rotors replaced. Immediately after leaving the garage I noticed my previously perfectly working handbrake no longer worked whatsoever. Then I noticed a scrubbing on my rear tire while driving. Now I'm dealing with a chirpy squeak that stops when brake applied. It's driving me absolutely crazy. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the handbrake fixed because I think it's something they did, but is the squeak handbrake related or something totally different? Thanks!!
Sorry for the delay. If your car was working properly before you bought it in for a repair - and differently directly after you drove the car out of the repair shop - it sounds pretty obvious that the repair shop changed something. I'm sure you've had the issue rectified by now. What was the outcome?

Sorry for the delay. If your car was working properly before you bought it in for a repair - and differently directly after you drove the car out of the repair shop - it sounds pretty obvious that the repair shop changed something. I'm sure you've had the issue rectified by now. What was the outcome?
I brought the car back and they fixed the handbrake but it's still doing it. Ugh!

They told me to bring it in but they want me to watch them work. At this point they're making me feel like I am the problem and I don't want to step foot in their garage so my boyfriend is going to investigate and fix. Not ideal but needless to say I'll never go there again. Thanks for the follow up.

Sal Collaziano

Heavy lies the crown...
Staff member
Administrator
They told me to bring it in but they want me to watch them work. At this point they're making me feel like I am the problem and I don't want to step foot in their garage so my boyfriend is going to investigate and fix. Not ideal but needless to say I'll never go there again. Thanks for the follow up.
Yeah, I'd stay away from wherever you dealt with before. Luckily there are many options out there - plenty of different/better places to choose from...