Hrmmmm Interesting.

gwildor

I just noticed this yesterday.. Very Suspicious.. :D

I've confirmed that my iPhone has 313 songs.. No Duplication..

However When on Random I lose 4 songs.. and when I take off Random... I'm back to all my songs. I need to find out which 4 songs don't show.. Maybe KIA doesn't like the white boy hippin and hoppin? j/k bad joke..

[attachment=145]
[attachment=146]

Attachments

D113

gwildor said:
I just noticed this yesterday.. Very Suspicious.. :D

I've confirmed that my iPhone has 313 songs.. No Duplication..

However When on Random I lose 4 songs.. and when I take off Random... I'm back to all my songs. I need to find out which 4 songs don't show.. Maybe KIA doesn't like the white boy hippin and hoppin? j/k bad joke..

Where are you from? Maybe they don't like Canadians like us! (The Hip =)

FydaForte

Sacramento
He is using the Kia Ipod cord where it plugs into USB and AUX if im not mistaken? and you have control in your stereo instead of the ipod and on certain models the steering wheel!

Im just waiting for a 3rd party cord becuase $40 for a cord is a little steep for me when i can buy a $1 Aux cord!
Anyone know of a 3rd party cord?

FydaForte said:
He is using the Kia Ipod cord where it plugs into USB and AUX if im not mistaken? and you have control in your stereo instead of the ipod and on certain models the steering wheel!

Im just waiting for a 3rd party cord becuase $40 for a cord is a little steep for me when i can buy a $1 Aux cord!
Anyone know of a 3rd party cord?
There wasn't a 3rd party cord when I went looking, but that was months ago. Someone may have come up with one since, but be sure it's the forte cable. I believe the ones for the Soul and others before the 2010 year may have had a different configuration. (Can anybody verify that? I don't know for sure.) I just ponied up the 38.50 U.S.D. and called it good. Having the Cable made using my iPod much much nicer.
If someone comes back with another body style/model that uses the same cord, (measurement/cabling) it may be cheaper to pick it up for a cheaper model i.e. Rio. But again, I don't know if the other cables would work.

FydaForte

Sacramento
Being my 1st New car and 1st car with siruis im in love and have no need for my ipod yet! Unless im playing "im on a boat" HAHA~! but really i cant get off siruis Sounds amazing love the stations.. But yea ill look into the cord a lil more down the road.. its just now i have no need for it! a little off topic here! how much is siruis a month? i heard you can talk em down a bit? savin money is savin money!

CorsaKoup

I found an aftermarket cord on Ebay. Has both connectors, but it still won't read my Ipod? What could be the difference?[hr]
Ooh..now I know what's wrong. It's for the Ipod Touch 1G & 2G. Mine's a 3G. Dammit!

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
FydaForte said:
Being my 1st New car and 1st car with siruis im in love and have no need for my ipod yet! Unless im playing "im on a boat" HAHA~! but really i cant get off siruis Sounds amazing love the stations.. But yea ill look into the cord a lil more down the road.. its just now i have no need for it! a little off topic here! how much is siruis a month? i heard you can talk em down a bit? savin money is savin money!
Sirius is $12.50/mo USD if im not mistaken

gwildor

I am using the Kia branded Ipod cable.. I read on the Kia Soul forums that people were using the 3rd party cables and none of them matched what the Kia Branded cable does in terms of features.

It's definitely worth the 40$.. but I didn't have to pay for it.. My sales person threw it in for me. She Rocks! In a way i'm glad I didn't pay for it.. After paying 20k for a car.. you think a 40$ accessory is nothing.

The 3rd party accessories, some don't charge the phone, while others don't let you use the steering wheel controls or show songs on the stereo.. The Kia Branded one does it all.

BTW.. I am Canadian.. :p The Hip really does give it away.. but it was completely random.. lol..

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
CorsaKoup said:
What could be the difference?[hr]
From Kia's site...

Take your music collection on the road. This iPod control cable gives you convenient control and charging of your iPod from your factory installed stereo. The simple one cable connection eliminates the bulky adapter box found with many iPod adapters. This cable is 12” long and features a 30-pin iPod plug on one end and a 3.5mm/USB on the other.

Works with the following iPod models:

It is compatible with late model iPod products produced Irons mid-2004 on (4th Generations iPods, all Nanos, etc)
This would include most iPod devices with the smooth front "Click Wheel"
Operates with all Videos, Nanos, Color displays, Photos, iPod Touch
Does not support Shuffles or the early Touch Wheel and Scroll Wheel models
Early model functionality may be limited, while later advanced models may provide more options,
Testing with the new Apple iPhone is not completed. Appropriate information will be distributed as available.

Features:
The iPod cable is a 12 inch long black wire with unique connectors on each end.
One end has a thin, wide 30-pin iPod connector, protected by a clear plastic cover when not in use.
The other end contains internal logic controller and two connectors; a conventional USB type and a standard stereo 3.5mm mini-plug.

I think it's crap that Kia designed it this way, but the cable is really nice to have. I looked at like I was buying a car charger with more features. I also like that the cable is pretty short and coils up nicely in the pocket where it plugs in at.

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
Kenny C said:
From Kia's site...

Take your music collection on the road. This iPod control cable gives you convenient control and charging of your iPod from your factory installed stereo. The simple one cable connection eliminates the bulky adapter box found with many iPod adapters. This cable is 12” long and features a 30-pin iPod plug on one end and a 3.5mm/USB on the other.

Works with the following iPod models:

It is compatible with late model iPod products produced Irons mid-2004 on (4th Generations iPods, all Nanos, etc)
This would include most iPod devices with the smooth front "Click Wheel"
Operates with all Videos, Nanos, Color displays, Photos, iPod Touch
Does not support Shuffles or the early Touch Wheel and Scroll Wheel models
Early model functionality may be limited, while later advanced models may provide more options,
Testing with the new Apple iPhone is not completed. Appropriate information will be distributed as available.

Features:
The iPod cable is a 12 inch long black wire with unique connectors on each end.
One end has a thin, wide 30-pin iPod connector, protected by a clear plastic cover when not in use.
The other end contains internal logic controller and two connectors; a conventional USB type and a standard stereo 3.5mm mini-plug.

I think it's crap that Kia designed it this way, but the cable is really nice to have. I looked at like I was buying a car charger with more features. I also like that the cable is pretty short and coils up nicely in the pocket where it plugs in at.
you can plug in any USB based MP3 player... i did it with an old one i had... SanDisk Sansa e250...

Rekoup

Milwaukee
I think its easier using a flash drive :)

Oh, I forgot to see if it would see a big 32GB+ drive or one formatted in NTFS.

What songs were they, and how were they acquired?
If you got them from iTunes or another major legal download provider, or if you ripped them yourself at low speed (I dont care what anyone says, Nero had a speed drive tester with an output chart for CD/DVD and you can see distortion in high speed rips and burns of audio and videos. Theres also the CLV speed of the drive which one shouldnt surpass). If you ripped them from a CD, maybe try ripping those songs again at a slow speed & replacing them?

I'm only guessing here...but my Sandisk goes all Honda on me when I put an MP3 on it that has an "invisible" glitch. Re-ripping usually fixed it for me.

I'm also waiting for an aftermarket iPod cord that works. I want to build a pop-up iPod dock.

gwildor

Rekoup said:
I think its easier using a flash drive :)

Oh, I forgot to see if it would see a big 32GB+ drive or one formatted in NTFS.

What songs were they, and how were they acquired?
If you got them from iTunes or another major legal download provider, or if you ripped them yourself at low speed (I dont care what anyone says, Nero had a speed drive tester with an output chart for CD/DVD and you can see distortion in high speed rips and burns of audio and videos. Theres also the CLV speed of the drive which one shouldnt surpass). If you ripped them from a CD, maybe try ripping those songs again at a slow speed & replacing them?

I'm only guessing here...but my Sandisk goes all Honda on me when I put an MP3 on it that has an "invisible" glitch. Re-ripping usually fixed it for me.

I'm also waiting for an aftermarket iPod cord that works. I want to build a pop-up iPod dock.
I don't buy music........ from itunes.. ;D

I know what your getting at.. but that doesn't explain why in random it only reads 309.. and straight up is 313... why is it always 4 songs.. Unfortunately I don't think i'm willing to sit through 313 random songs crossing off the ones i've listened to, to find out which ones aren't showing.. lol..

I just thought it was kinda funny..

I've tried the usb stick.. it worked out good.. I love how you can pop in and out of certain folders..[hr]
Kenny C said:
btw I have the iPhone 3GS.. and it works good.. The phone comes up with a screen saying the attachment is not supported.. but it charges my phone & works with the stereo just fine..

If you plug any other iPod into the car... a nice big Kia logo comes up on your ipod.. I thought that was cheesy.. but kinda funny.

Rekoup

Milwaukee
If you plug any other iPod into the car... a nice big Kia logo comes up on your ipod.. I thought that was cheesy.. but kinda funny.
Wow, cool! I actually love that! Now I need to buy an iPod. Maybe I'll get a black one and put red stitching on it like my seats.

Seriously!

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
gwildor said:
I don't buy music........ from itunes.. ;D

I know what your getting at.. but that doesn't explain why in random it only reads 309.. and straight up is 313... why is it always 4 songs.. Unfortunately I don't think i'm willing to sit through 313 random songs crossing off the ones i've listened to, to find out which ones aren't showing.. lol..

I just thought it was kinda funny..

I've tried the usb stick.. it worked out good.. I love how you can pop in and out of certain folders..[hr]
Kenny C said:
btw I have the iPhone 3GS.. and it works good.. The phone comes up with a screen saying the attachment is not supported.. but it charges my phone & works with the stereo just fine..

yeah, I have the 3g and my wife has the 3gs and both work great with the Kia cable. Neither work with the apple USB cable.

KoupCoupe

My MP3 won't play through the USB port. I play music thorugh a speaker cable that has two male ends...plug one end into the MP3 where the head phones go and the other end in the single port left of the USB port. Have a "playlist" that I hit on the MP3 to play my music -- I can't control it through the radio controls. Radio just says "Connected" when I do this.

CorsaKoup

Went and got my Kia cable last night. AHHH what a difference. I didn't know there was anything wrong with the other cable til I came in here! Thanks guys!