Lowering the forte with honda suspension

jits14

I got bored the other weekend and installed some leftover honda fit lowering springs on the forte. The rears needed to be cut a little to fit around that cone shape since they are progressive but the fronts mounted right up. The suspension travel is a little to short for the struts to take but the look is just right. The ride is a little stiffer and makes the car feel pretty planted. I don't know if I would recommend this but I thought I would share. I will have pics up soon when the weather is better.

I would be super careful with running springs not designed for your car. You can damage shocks, break control arms and bottom out hard. If the spring is not designed for the weight it may compress over time and start to rub hard, that would not be good.

myForte

roadracemotorsports said:
I would be super careful with running springs not designed for your car. You can damage shocks, break control arms and bottom out hard. If the spring is not designed for the weight it may compress over time and start to rub hard, that would not be good.
I would definatley verify spring rates... just because it fits doesn't mean it's right.

jits14

forgot about this entry but I finally have a pic of my car lowered with new wheels, ill get better pics, I edited this one for a sig

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7889/img12352.jpg