mp3 tags and playlists?

chuckh1958

I'm using a Windows Mobile device configured to connect to the USB as a flash drive. Is there any way to get the USB mp3 input on the Forte to play by either artist, genre, or even use a playlist? When I browse the flash drive with the cat/folder button it only seems to organize things by folders and not the mp3 tags.

I'm also curious to find out if folks using ipods are able to use the mp3/mp4 tags for the music stored on those devices.

chuckh1958

Do you browse them with the iPhone itself or with the cat/folder button on the dash? Are you using the USB port or the aux port?

Cuddles

To my knowledge, if you have it set as a flash drive, it won't recognize it as a bonafide music player, so you lose some of the options. The iPod cable that mschiavoni has, on the other hand, identifies it as a player. Of course, I could be wrong, but I've had the same experience with my iPhone and friend's USB stick.

KK10

SoCal
With my mp3 player if i use the aux it will rely on the players browser, but if i use the usb cable it will sort them by folders as if it were just a storage device and i can use the steering wheel buttons to change the music.

Cuddles

K-Hound said:
Just curious, can you play your music from your iphone via bluetooth? or do you need the cable?
To my knowledge, you can't play music through Bluetooth by default, just because the Forte's Bluetooth only supports phone connectivity and not music transfer. If you get a custom head unit, they can play music through a special Bluetooth channel, but as it is the factory Forte doesn't have that option.

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
Cuddles said:
To my knowledge, you can't play music through Bluetooth by default, just because the Forte's Bluetooth only supports phone connectivity and not music transfer. If you get a custom head unit, they can play music through a special Bluetooth channel, but as it is the factory Forte doesn't have that option.
correct. the bluetooth in the car is basically 1 1.5 ton bluetooth headset... lol