Performance Upgrades

I am a brand new member with a 2010 2.4 L Kia Forte SX sitting at 98000 KM. My warranty will be gone early next year and I want to do some upgrades. I really want to know what are the best bang for your buck upgrades. Everything on her is exactly as it was when it came from the factory and I want to go fast but do have a limited budget. Any info would be awesome. Also, if anyone know the best way to change a wheel stud on this beast that would be great.

jbowtell said:
I am a brand new member with a 2010 2.4 L Kia Forte SX sitting at 98000 KM. My warranty will be gone early next year and I want to do some upgrades. I really want to know what are the best bang for your buck upgrades. Everything on her is exactly as it was when it came from the factory and I want to go fast but do have a limited budget. Any info would be awesome. Also, if anyone know the best way to change a wheel stud on this beast that would be great.
The car is automatic and any good ideas on where to get parts and where to avoid would be appreciated as well.

the sound of a cold air intake isnt for everyone.. some people would rather have performace upgrade that doesnt make any noise ( pulleys,cams etc..)

screw the cold air intake. you have an sx chances are you want your foglights. go with a short/mid ram air intake from either turbokits.com or road race motorsports (RRM). RRM also offers a pulley that 90% gets rid of the 3rd gear fall on your face syndrome the 2.4L experiences. both are between $120 and $180. Eibach springs are a great idea for anyone who actually wants the car to handle well, not great but well at speeds. Stock "sport" suspension is a joke and the springs will set you on the right path for about $250. Sway bars for another $180 are another great idea and will make the car solid enough for most needs. RRM offers another vast amount of suspension parts but they get pricey and should be avoided unless you are making a track car. RRM and a few other sell front and rear strut tower bars, each between $99 - $130. It does get rid of some body roll, again great for the street purpose drivers. ARK has the best exhaust system but it will burn you for $800. Chances are you should just lead the exhaust alone or go piece at a time. However, most importantly, if you want real performance none of this will help without a tune. Seoulful racing does tune the Kia Forte, you have to make an appointment with their shop. Not sure the price, I"ll let you know as soon as I get it done. They are KDM nuts, so I would trust them. If you have the money, $4000+ gets you the turbokits.com turbo setup for the Forte. Chances are your automatic transmission will like it for 2 months before it bites the bullet under boost (abusive drivers only). If you go turbo, please please get the engine internals as stock internals are sorry to say junk for the most part. they will not hold out very long unless you baby it.. .but then that defeats the purpose of BOOST. So a bunch of bolt ons and a tune for about $2000 (including suspenion parts) can probably get you 200whp (only with TUNE). AND FOR $4000 PLUS other parts so more so around $7000 (especially for those that bring it to a shop to get installed) gets you 300whp.