Question about headlights

2021KiaSedan

Reaction score
My son’s 2021 Forte sedan was involved in a collision with a vehicle that didn’t yield the right away and turned left in front of him. He was going through the intersection at 50mph. He is fine but the car was totaled. Conditions at the time was drizzling rain at night. Unreliable witnesses said his headlights were not on. When I arrived on scene I decided to check the headlight switch and it was turn to “Auto”.The police report states the other vehicle failed to yield but my son was also at fault also for not having headlights on. We had the officer to make note in his report that the switch was on “Auto”. He had been driving form work approximately 5 miles through darken streets.
My question to you guys and gals is if your driving down the road at night with the headlight switch on “Auto” is the headlights illuminated or is there any type of illumination like daytime running lights. Thanks in advance to any responses.

G

G-722940

If the switch is in the "auto" setting than his headlights are on, no way around it.

Shaded

Reaction score
If 8t was on auto n dark yes headlights,tail lights,side marker lights, license plate light were on.. if he had fog lamp switch on too they would have been on unless he had high beam on .. my 17 has factory led drl and tail lights that are always on..

Attachments

• IMG_20211207_064348.jpg
    IMG_20211207_064348.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20211207_064533.jpg
    IMG_20211207_064533.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 17

2021KiaSedan

Reaction score
If 8t was on auto n dark yes headlights,tail lights,side marker lights, license plate light were on.. if he had fog lamp switch on too they would have been on unless he had high beam on .. my 17 has factory led drl and tail lights that are always on..
Thanks

Shaded

Reaction score
Glad he's ok..It would be hard staring at stupid phone to tell if lights were on before the bang n no lights after bang pretty normal.. bummer about the car hopefully the others insurance bought him a new one