Sound system (and now LED)interior install phase 4

D113

I don't have the font =(

We blew up an image from google. Just do a google image search for Kia forte logo, nd you'll get a hit that has a straight on view if a showcar licence plate . Then blow it up and print it via Photoshop.

D

D113

LOL

k guys, you really need to join www dot kia dot forteforums dot com , join there, do a post search on me and you'll see the phases!

Alright, here come the blurry cam shots:

Trunk, not quite finished yet:

Behind the rear seats:

and the logos you saw above...tried to get a shot

Still a few things left to do that do not involve Ebay:

insert for when the seats are down
insert for the trunk floor when showing the car

special trunk forte logo to come...going to be very nice =)

For those of you who saw the 300/4 and EQS mounted to the rear seat, the 300/4 is now hidden above the subs, and of course you can see the 2 500/1's

What I have is a switch in the little cubby hole to the left of the steering column (also lights up red when on), and there's also a pair of leds lighting up the footwells in the rear seat section.

looking to do:

dome lights in red
door reflectors back-lit

Hope you enjoy!

D

FydaForte

Sacramento
Hey D113!

Are you friends with the guy at the shop or something? or do you drop your car off every 3 days? LOL!

I swear your always in there getting somethin done! im diggin the audio setup.. Looks good! Real Good! did this guy wire in all the lights also? what are you using? LED strip lighting? i did the 2 front floorboards and got snagged on the back i couldnt figure out where to mount them? please lemme kno!

D113

When i have a chance I'll post pics of the leds that I have. They're 3 emitters in a strip, 12v so nice and easy. They are friends, I get a great labor rate, and can do some of the work with them to save $$

I bought the LEDS at a local electronics surplus store. I bought them out of the reds (have some left to do a few more things, and they have white and blue left until they get their next batch from china. Likely in a month.

I'll look to see where they mounted the back seat floor ones.. I didn't look. The sub box and trunks are easy. grab a piece of plummers strap, bend it at a 45 and you have an L bracket, then glue the LED to it for it's own little stand. The trunks ones, double sided tape.. 3m stuff for nice stickiness.

D

D113

Hey Fyda,

The LEDS are Zip tied (tie wrapped) to the existing harness below the driver and passenger seat.

The Glow is more under the seat than on the floor in the rear cabin.

Cheers

D

kiafortelx

Looking very nice! HOW DO I INSTALL SUBS? I NEED SUB!!!! IM DIEING CUZ THIS IS MY FIRST CAR I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO SWITCH OUT STEREO. I just looked online for 5 hours! trying to find replacement dash peice or find another way PLEASE HELP!

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
\'kiafortelx\' pid=\'4581\' dateline=\'1269159117\' said:
Looking very nice! HOW DO I INSTALL SUBS? I NEED SUB!!!! IM DIEING CUZ THIS IS MY FIRST CAR I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO SWITCH OUT STEREO. I just looked online for 5 hours! trying to find replacement dash peice or find another way PLEASE HELP!
stop yelling! :p just read my thread, titled \"just got my sub installed\"

i did it without removing the factory radio ;)

tattookid22

hey with the subs look u can get any sub any amp and install it into any car that has a stock head unit u just need to tap into the rear speakers with an adaptar u can pick up at any car and audio store yes you still tap into ur stock head unit but u also tap into rear speakers its really not that hard if uve installed systems before just giving u a heads up u dont need a hole new dash piece or a new head unit

MartinL

How did you run the 12V from the battery to the trunk?? I looked for an hour and didn't found an easy way through the firewall? I was far more easy in my civic and Odyssey.
Thanks in advance!