Steering Wheel Audio Controls

jackqad

Anyone else have instances where the steering wheel audio controls suddenly change their function ? An example would be that the volume control only lowers the volume in spite of the direction you push it, the station change becoming the "mode" button, etc. It's intermittent but frustrating. Also, just received the "serivce campaign" notice to re program the air bag deployment sensitivity settings. I remeber an early post where a member was amazed at the bags not deploying in a pretty serious wreck. Hope the engineers get it together

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
jackqad said:
Anyone else have instances where the steering wheel audio controls suddenly change their function ? An example would be that the volume control only lowers the volume in spite of the direction you push it, the station change becoming the "mode" button, etc. It's intermittent but frustrating. Also, just received the "serivce campaign" notice to re program the air bag deployment sensitivity settings. I remeber an early post where a member was amazed at the bags not deploying in a pretty serious wreck. Hope the engineers get it together
no problems with the controls, but the svc campaign just makes the side airbags more sensitive

KoupCoupe

Sounds like you 2 are having electrical short problems. Might want to consider letting the service department take a look to make sure the wiring is not damaged.

Neither of my Fortes have radio control problems.

sbz

jackqad said:
[hr]
mine does the same thing. Does the standard warranty cover that? I just bout mine in May 2010

KoupCoupe

sbz said:
[hr]
mine does the same thing. Does the standard warranty cover that? I just bout mine in May 2010
Yes the warranty would cover any problems with the steering wheel controls...schedule an appointment if the switches do it all the time. The reason I say all the time is because if it only does it once in a while they won't be able to fix it if it doesn't do it while they check it out.

BTW...none of my Fortes have had this problem.