Transmission Revving high, but not?!?

Rachelledc

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2012 Kia forte sedan six-speed it's a sport shift and automatic as I'm driving down the road doing, let's say I'm 60 mph you can hear the transmission and it sounds like it's got to be at like 4 or 5 RPMs it sounds like it needs to be shifted really bad but when I look down on the dash it's only sitting at one and a half maybe two RPMs does anybody know what this can be I feel like my transmission is going to blow at any time because it sounds like it's revving extremely high but the dashboard says it's not any thoughts or ideas?

goodoldan

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2012 Kia forte sedan six-speed it's a sport shift and automatic as I'm driving down the road doing, let's say I'm 60 mph you can hear the transmission and it sounds like it's got to be at like 4 or 5 RPMs it sounds like it needs to be shifted really bad but when I look down on the dash it's only sitting at one and a half maybe two RPMs does anybody know what this can be I feel like my transmission is going to blow at any time because it sounds like it's revving extremely high but the dashboard says it's not any thoughts or ideas?
When you shift "manually" with the sport shift, does it behave differently? Does the gear indicator show that you can manually shift through all 6 "gears"? Are the RPMs on the tach believable?

Last edited: