USB flash drive problems

ItsaRuck!

Albuquerque, NM
RE: USB flash drive probems

Bing said:
Hi Brad ok tks for the tip, 1 thing becuae I'm a tech moron. So u are sayign I need to buy another cord? All that came w/ the zune is a usb cord. UGH I hate when I have no clue.
You need a cord with both ends like the one on the headphones. One end goes into the Aux input on the dash, and the other end goes into the headphone jack on the Zune. The USB cord is really for loading songs onto the Zune. Personally, with the USB jack on the dash, the USB thumb drive works better and you can use the radio to control what songs to play. Much easier than fumbling with the Zune, and cheaper.

Bing

RE: USB flash drive probems

ItsaRuck! said:
You need a cord with both ends like the one on the headphones. One end goes into the Aux input on the dash, and the other end goes into the headphone jack on the Zune. The USB cord is really for loading songs onto the Zune. Personally, with the USB jack on the dash, the USB thumb drive works better and you can use the radio to control what songs to play. Much easier than fumbling with the Zune, and cheaper.
Thanks Brad, you are alright. I will do a thump drive today. =) Let you know how I make out.

chuckh1958

Bing said:
OK so I got a SanDisk cruze thumb drive, put some tunes on it to see, and worked like a charm. Tks for your help Brad. =)
Actually I think with a proper USB cord you could probably control the player using the radio and steering wheel controls. I know with the ipod you can.

I don't have zune or ipod. I just use a thumb drive with mp3's loaded on it. It works well but there is the one annoying problem. If you remove it from the usb port like they say before starting the car, it doesn't remember where you left off playing and goes back to the first song on the first folder.

The stereo sounds great but I have to admit that I prefer the sync system in my wife's Focus. She can jump to any track, artist, or album by just saying some something like or "play artist Deep Purple".

Bing

chuckh1958 said:
Actually I think with a proper USB cord you could probably control the player using the radio and steering wheel controls. I know with the ipod you can.

I don't have zune or ipod. I just use a thumb drive with mp3's loaded on it. It works well but there is the one annoying problem. If you remove it from the usb port like they say before starting the car, it doesn't remember where you left off playing and goes back to the first song on the first folder.

The stereo sounds great but I have to admit that I prefer the sync system in my wife's Focus. She can jump to any track, artist, or album by just saying some something like or "play artist Deep Purple".
I 2008 Focus is what i traded in for the new Forte so I know what you are saying there. I do still want to get a cord for my zune, this way I can have both options.

flarkitkf

ZA
Yeh, the bit about losing the position when you remove the drive is irritating, but I miss RDS the most, for traffic reports. Overall, I like the standard audio package. It's a major, major improvement on my previous car's 8-yr old CD-player (no MP3!!!)