Using the Bluetooth

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
My wifes Lincoln pairs with her iPhone when she gets in the car and she's able to make hands free calls and stream music via bluetooth. It's a nice to have feature...I guess.

JibbaJabba34

Kenny C said:
My wifes Lincoln pairs with her iPhone when she gets in the car and she's able to make hands free calls and stream music via bluetooth. It's a nice to have feature...I guess.
I think Lincoln and Ford both use the "Sync" handsfree system that not only has handsfree calling, but it uses the system to read back your text messages, play audio tracks, etc. I know that Chrysler/Jeep also has this feature on their handsfree system. They are all options that tend to only be available in their upper line vehicles or mid-level vehicles with the most expensive option packages. Who knows, maybe the 2011 will have some new features too, but I'm really happy with the Bluetooth in our Fortes and that it comes standard in all models.

Kenny C

Lubbock, TX
JibbaJabba34 said:
I think Lincoln and Ford both use the "Sync" handsfree system that not only has handsfree calling, but it uses the system to read back your text messages, play audio tracks, etc. I know that Chrysler/Jeep also has this feature on their handsfree system. They are all options that tend to only be available in their upper line vehicles or mid-level vehicles with the most expensive option packages. Who knows, maybe the 2011 will have some new features too, but I'm really happy with the Bluetooth in our Fortes and that it comes standard in all models.
Yeah, she has the Sync system with the touchscreen nav.

I too like how easy our BT systems are and how they just work...some BT system are a PITA to get working and seem to drop connection a lot.

deswanie

Hi

I am a proud and happy owner of a new Kia Forte Sedan. However my bluetooth keeps saying incoming call and there is now incoming call. What am I doing wrong??? Help!!!

DeSwanie

KOUPKRAZY

Long Island, NY
deswanie said:
Hi

I am a proud and happy owner of a new Kia Forte Sedan. However my bluetooth keeps saying incoming call and there is now incoming call. What am I doing wrong??? Help!!!

DeSwanie
Congrats! and welcome to the site.

It's hard to say what is happening. I'm assuming your sales person helped you pair your phone with your BT system?

apple69

mpaterso1 said:
Update: no problem found on my bluetooth, the dealer tech paired it to his cell phone with no problem in outbound sound quality. Frustrating, because my phone worked fine on other Forte's I had as rental cars. I will try to see if I can change any of my phone settings (I have a BB Bold), and stay tuned for any Forte service bulletins that update the bluetooth.
My friends keep complaining that they can't hear me on my new koup sx as well. I have a blackberry Storm 2 9550. Not sure whats wrong with it. I am gonna let the dealer check it when im in for my first oil change. Very annoying when you are looking forward to using a feature and it doesn't work!

Also when it pairs my blackberry volume is set to 50% and you can't hear the person and your have to crank up the stereo or turn your phone volume up manually. Is there a setting on my blackberry to fix this so its 100%?

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
my bluetooth.. uhhh.. randomly stopped working. tried restarting the car (in traffic, mind you) and restarting my iPhone. cleared the issue of it not playing music, but not the BT issue... very frustrated...

onoitsbroko

Indiana
I'm having problems after I updated my iphone 3Gs to OS4. Apparently the bluetooth connection goes in and out, and also I don't have the "incoming call" ringer that the car used to do. Now my actual ringtone plays over the speakers, which actually threw me for a loop the first time I heard it. I am also getting alot of people that say that they can't here me now..Hmmm. Everything else was working fine before.

mschiavoni

Purveyor of fine Kias
Elizabeth, PA
yea i got home and went back out an hour later and it worked fine... its very irritating, especially when you go to a dealer thats supposed to be open till 430 PM, and its only 330 and half their techs are gone for the day :-/

mpaterso

apple69 said:
My friends keep complaining that they can't hear me on my new koup sx as well. I have a blackberry Storm 2 9550. Not sure whats wrong with it. I am gonna let the dealer check it when im in for my first oil change. Very annoying when you are looking forward to using a feature and it doesn't work!

Also when it pairs my blackberry volume is set to 50% and you can't hear the person and your have to crank up the stereo or turn your phone volume up manually. Is there a setting on my blackberry to fix this so its 100%?
Very sorry to hear you're having the same issue. This is a compatibility issue that Kia needs to fix with a software upgrade for the BT system. Our phones are not supported right now. If you call Kia customer service to complain, they will log it and hopefully if enough of us do that, they will get after this. I call them every month or so to refresh the complaint.

It's very annoying but unfortunately a common issue for BT systems in other cars as well. I hope you enjoy your new Forte otherwise. I know I still love mine.

hlmartin89

Pairing phone with bluetooth

As of today, my husband and I are the new owners of a 2010 Kia Forte LX. We tried pairing his LG Envy with the car and it worked just fine syncing all of his contacts. We made a test call and it also worked fine, however when it comes to syncing my phone (Samsung Freeform) it shows pairing complete and as soon as my phone connects to the bluetooth of the car it says Incoming call. It says this over and over again, the answer button will not work and neither will the call rejection button work. Any ideas?

----Joseph and Hannah Martin

ForteDrew75

I just got a Forte EX and was wondering if there is a way I can have both my BlackBerry and iPod Touch connected at the same time? Right now, connecting one disconnects the other. Do I have any other options?

ackenwalls

I have a Blackberry Bold phone, I can't get any problem with bluetooth. I can simply use bluetooth, easily transfer data from one to another phone.

Bigsdon

I have been using an Iphone 4 on my 2010 Forte and recently everytime I answer an incomming call I get the message call rejected and the call is hung up on. Is anyone having this problem?

suzannesstud

I have a new iPhone 4S, and I have noticed that since I got this phone that my Bluetooth stops working after about 30 minutes. At first I thought that maybe the Bluetooth in the phone is timing out if I don't use it for a while. It has the new Bluetooth 4.0 in it, but Apple said it should stay continuously connected. It doesn't appear to come unpaired, but rather just loses connection. After I reconnect it, it will go about another 30 minutes from the last time I used it and then disconnect again. My previous HTC EVO 3D never had this problem so I am wondering if this is normal behavior for the new iPhone 4S or if I might have a problem somewhere either with the bluetooth in the phone or with the bluetooth in the car. Anyone else had this issue?

Also, I have read that some issues people have had with certain phones may be addressed through a software update to the car. How would perform such an update?